Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
The data collected for anonymous users is:
- IP address
- Any tracking information (e.g. UTM codes from Google Analytics)
- Cookies (used to give our students credit for referring their friends, for instance)
- Pages visited, when, and for how long on baselang.com
However, this information is all anonymous (not tied to your name or email) until you have provided us your email address (by signing up for our service or otherwise giving us your email).
In addition to those, users who have provided us their email address also have the following data collected:
- Email address
- Name (when requested, most of our optin forms do not require this)
- Which emails we have sent to them they opened, and at what time they opened them
In addition to those, users who sign up for our service have the following data collected:
- Payment information (never handled by us – everything is run through Braintree, the same payment processor used by large companies like Uber, and owned by Paypal), which is securely held by Braintree (with only 3 people at BaseLang having full access to Braintree, and nobody being able to see your full CC number or information, which is obfuscated by Braintree).
- History of transactions
- Email username of Zoom.us account
- About me information as voluntarily added
- Homework assignments as submitted by DELE students
- Pages visited, when, and for how long on web.baselang.com, our learning platform
- Classes booked and cancelled
- Teachers rated, and favorited
- Lessons marked complete or incomplete
- Changes in level
- Other interactions you have with our platform, web.baselang.com
In addition, anyone who contacts our support ([email protected], Facebook messenger, or live chat) or emails anyone from our staff (e.g. anyone with an @baselang.com email, but also any teacher who only has a @gmail.com email) has the following data collected:
- History of emails/chats
You may request this data is deleted at any time.
No unnecessary information is collected.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
BaseLang, LLC may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
We may need your information display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order, classes booked, or emails regarding learning Spanish. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
This privacy statement outlines how the BaseLang app (app.baselang.com) collects and utilises the information obtained from your Google Calendar account through the “Google Calendar Sync” application. It also describes the options available to you regarding our use of your information and how you can access and update this information.
BaseLang’s app use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to
, including the Limited Use requirements.
Collection and Use:
We collect the following personal information from your Google Calendar:
- Event Title
- Event date
- Event time
- Event description
- Event location
- Event Colour (Hex value for Event Label and/or the Hex value for the My Calendar)
- Zoom Call link or Google Meet link
- Event location
- Event guests’ names
- Event guests’ email
- Event guests’ attendance status (Accepted, Maybe, Declined & No response)
- Organiser of the event
- Event privacy
- Repeat schedule
We use this information to:
- Keep your Google Calendar data in sync with your BaseLang app calendar and vice versa.
- Update your Google Calendar description confirming this specific calendar is synchronised with your BaseLang app.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not share or sell your personal information to third parties. We disclose information only in the following cases:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- Disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice through our app of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
The security of your Google Calendar personal information is important to us.
We employ commercially reasonable measures and follow accepted standards to protect your information, during transmission and storage. This includes encryption of transmitted information using SSL technology, as well as encryption of Google Access tokens and Refresh tokens. However, no method of transmission or storage is 100% secure.
Accessing Your Information:
If you wish to discontinue the use of your Google Calendar information, you can disconnect Baselang from your Google Calendar on the Settings Page of your BaseLang app. For any concerns or further questions, please contact [email protected]
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Our servers and all third party resources we use are heavily encrypted.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on November 2, 2023